07 Mar 2014 H.E.L.P., the Charity Awards Grants
H.E.L.P., the Charity announced that for its latest grant period, which ended February 15th, 2014, it issued 32 awards of grants totaling $9,282.99.
This brings the total awards of grants since H.E.L.P., the Charity began in October, 2010, to 306 awards of grants totaling $65,008.11.
Through its grant program, H.E.L.P. provides grants to U.S. based non-profit tax exempt schools and other entities to support educational programs. H.E.L.P. was born out of our desire to make a positive, long lasting impact on the communities we serve. The worldwide recession caused many local, state and federal governments to drastically cut the budgets at schools, with potentially devastating results. If our children are unable to receive a quality education, they could fall behind children in other countries, potentially weakening our nation’s competitiveness. It was this need that drove us to conceive of H.E.L.P., the Charity. H.E.L.P. is ‘Helping Education with Love and Pizza’. H.E.L.P. was launched in late 2010 and began raising funds that October. H.E.L.P. is graciously supported by all Figaro’s Pizza outlets, Pizza Schmizza and Schmizza Pub & Grub restaurants, Nick-N-Willy’s in Grand Junction, Colorado, and All-Mine Frozen Yogurt in Molalla, Oregon.
The charity is a 501 (c) 3 status non-profit organization.
The funds awarded to date will make a positive impact on children’s lives in many communities, providing contributions to facilitate the purchasing of:
- Permanent exhibits at the Discover! Children’s Museum in Centralia, Washington.
- A positive behavior program at Montclair Elementary in Pensacola, Florida and an Intervention System in Gold Hill, Oregon.
- An English computer lab in Warren, Oregon.
- Books for Paulding Elementary in Paulding, Ohio.
- Admission to outdoor school for low income families in Aumsville, Oregon.
- Recycling totes for Slater Grade School in Burns, Oregon.
- Renovation of a game room at Estacada Junior High School in Estacada, Oregon.
- Replacing 13 year old computer equipment at Orenco Elementary School in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- Kid Care After School Program in Scappoose, Oregon.
- Brain training equipment for Humboldt Elementary in Canyon City, Oregon.
- The Middle School Book Club in Stayton, Oregon.
- Scholarships for Students who overcame diversity in Howard, Pulaski, and Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- New playground equipment at Sunnyside Elementary in Sobieski, Wisconsin.
- Tools for the ALC Class at Molalla River Middle School in Molalla, Oregon.
- Support of the Sun Dragons Paddling Club in Portland, Oregon.
- Programming for LaPine Park and Recreation After School Program in LaPine, Oregon.
- A new athletic track for Grandhaven Elementary School in McMinnville, Oregon.
- Computer workstations for Clarkes Elementary in Mulino, Oregon.
- Scholarships for the Philomath Middle School drama program at Philomath, Oregon.
- Spanish books at Hammond Elementary in Salem, Oregon.
- A ‘first book’ for every student to keep at Stayton Elementary School in Stayton, Oregon.
- Scholastic News Weekly Readers at Foster Elementary School in Sweet Home, Oregon.
- I-Pads for Talent Elementary School in Talent, Oregon.
- Equipment and supplies for the Culture Club at Molalla High School in Molalla, Oregon.
- Folders, binders, pencil cases and other organizational tools for Hamilton Middle School in Hamilton, Montana.
- A summer reading program at Scott Elementary in Salem, Oregon.
- A digital camera for the yearbook at Albany Christian School in Albany, Oregon.
- Materials to build a weather station at Latham Elementary School in Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Musical instruments for the early literacy story time program at Creswell Library in Creswell, Oregon.
- The KID Leadership/mentors Lip program as well as the Summer Reading program in Molalla, Oregon.
- Field trip to the aquarium for the Prairie Mountain School Kindergarten class in Eugene, Oregon.
- Project Based Geometry in Sherwood, Ohio.
- Supplies for the Hawks afterschool program at Henry Hill Elementary School in Independence, Oregon.
- Supplies to rebuild the track at Grant Union High School in John Day, Oregon.
- MP3 players for Keizer Elementary EGC class in Keizer, Oregon.
- Field trip to the State Capitol for the fourth graders at Riverview Elementary in Lebanon, Oregon.
- Art by Children with Disabilities (ABCD) program in Estacada, Oregon.
- ROTC Dinner & Dance to promote etiquette and bearing to the cadets at Madras High School in Madras, Oregon.
- Field trip for the Future Business Leaders of America from South Umpqua High School in Myrtle Creek, Oregon, to the State Competition.
- Model rockets to build and launch for the Cedar Ridge Middle School in Sandy, Oregon.
- Enrichment materials for 6th grade science students at Otto Petersen Elementary in Scappoose, Oregon.
- Digital Literacy in Cottage Grove, Oregon.
- Equipment, uniforms, field maintenance for Tri-Cities Little League in Sheridan, Oregon.
- Supplies for Culture Fair projects for Fern Ridge Middle School near Veneta, Oregon.
- Math board games for McGovern Elementary School in Winston, Oregon.
- Magnifying glasses and materials for Studies in Stone class at Grand Mound Elementary School in Rochester, Washington.
- Outdoor School at Brush College Elementary in West Salem, Oregon
- Continuing Education scholarship for Howard-Suamico High School in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Volleyball uniforms for Hanby Middle School in Gold Hill, Oregon.
- Guest artist to teach folk music culture, history and dance at a Folk Fest at Glenbrook Elementary School in Pulaski, Wisconsin.
- A kitchen project, the Music Department, and ‘No B.O.’ program in Oakridge, Oregon schools.
- Read Well Spelling and Writing Program at Sam Case Primary School in Newport, Oregon.
- A student operated coffee cart Special Ed. Program in Hillsboro, OR.
If your school or school program could use our H.E.L.P., please visit your nearest Figaro’s Pizza, Pizza Schmizza, Schmizza Pub & Grub, All Mine Yogurt or Nick-N-Willy’s, for grant applications, or visit H.E.L.P., the Charity online at www.helpthecharity.org.
For additional information, please contact Jennifer Young at [email protected] or (503) 371-9318 ext. 236.