24 Feb PIZZA LOVE
The Government Took the Time to Prove that Americans Really Love Pizza
On any given day, 13 percent of Americans are eating it.
There are few things as universally adored and decidedly non-divisive as pizza. But even though we all know how much everyone loves to eat pizza, the United States government still went ahead and put together a report detailing just how much we love it and just how much we’re eating it. Here are some of the key findings:
- 13 percent of Americans eat pizza on any given day
- A quarter of males ages 6-18 eat pizza on any given day
- For those who eat pizza on any given day, it accounts for 25 percent (among kids) and 29 percent (among adults) of daily energy intake
- The people who eat the least amount of pizza are women ages 60 and over
- Overall, men are eating pizza much more frequently than women
The most important finding, though? Pizza was, is and always will be delicious.